Jackson Hole Wyoming--Honeymoon 2008!
We went to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon from Aug 31-Sept 5th. It is a gorgeous little western cowboy town (ski resort town in the winter). It was so much fun! It was a little chillier up there than what we were used to, but still fun to be outside hiking, biking, and canoeing. We stayed at the Aspens resort close to Teton Village. They first gave us a 1 bedroom condo, but there were a few concerns we had with it so they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom/3 bathroom townhouse style condo!

The kitchen in our honeymoon suite

The living room, dining room, and kitchen area
We went out to eat at fun little restaurants in downtown Jackson.
We also went to the Mangy Moose at Teton Village!
Bryan took me mountain biking at Teton Village Resort. I haven't been bike riding in a LONG time, so I was a little bit nervous (to say the least). Bryan was kind and patient with me and taught me how to handle the bike. I didn't crash so I count it as a good trip!
Bryan is looking good!
We went to see the famous Bar J Wranglers perform and ate a delicious Chuck Wagon BBQ dinner, just like the old cowboys did on the range. They are AMAZING singers and hilarious too. It was my favorite thing we did in Jackson Hole.
We also had the chance to see wildlife in Grand Teton National Park. We went hiking and canoeing in the park. Our first day in the park I was really excited to see some moose, but we had no luck whatsoever. All we saw that day were some squirrels and a couple birds. Nothing too exciting. (We did almost have an encounter with a black bear while hiking, but were warned by the hikers ahead that he was heading for the trail. We decided to turn back!)
The next day we went back to the park to go canoeing in Snake River and we came across a few things along the way:
Grand Teton National Park was breathtaking! This picture is in an area where Moose are usually found, but not for us I guess :). It's a great picture nonetheless!
We also had a crazy schedule so there was plenty of times where we just took naps :). Bryan caught me on the couch, huddled up and covered while taking a midafternoon nap.
We went canoeing (it was actually a kayak) down the Snake River in Grand Teton National Park. It was in an area just past the dam called Oxbow Bend. We were searching for wildlife (I kind of got an obsession with finding wildlife. Bry was nice to play along!)
On our last night in Jackson Hole, I booked a play/dinner show at the Jackson Hole Playhouse dowtown. It's the oldest building in Jackson and has been converted into a theatre. We ate in an old saloon setting and the servers sang songs as we had dinner. We sat with an older couple from New Jersey. It was fun to visit with them. We saw the melodrama "the Ballad of Cat Ballou" and were on the front row. It was a hilarious musical! We really enjoyed it!
Eating dinner at the Jackson Hole Playhouse
.... and we went to the saloon afterwards for a few drinks....okay, not true. The playhouse used to be an old saloon.
All in all Jackson Hole was the best honeymoon ever! We had such a great time together and did alot of fun activities while we were there. It's a time in life we'll always remember!
4 comments:
I don't know if I'm just totally cheesy, but I got goose bumps the whole time I was reading your marvelous new blog. I am just so happy for you Lindsay. And Brian. :) It's just so good to see you so in love. Thank you for letting us see a little of your honeymoon. Looks like you guys had a blast. Married life is great!!! Welcome to the blogging world!
I love it! Your honeymoon adventures look so fun. You two look so happy! I can't wait to see what else you two are up to in the future. I have a feeling this blog may get updated more than Bryan's old blog.
Wow! The picture of the arch.....is that where the saying "hook 'em horns" came from? :-)
Great upgrade on the room too! Looks like you had a wonderful time and saw a beautiful part of the country.
Hugs to you both!
Hi, It's Sh'Nell Torrie.
I couldn't not comment about the Bar J Wranglers! My family made a tradition out of seeing them every summer around the same time as our family reunion. A great time!
So great to meet you Lindsay and to see you again Bryan. Thanks for taking us to the airport. It was much appreciated! Come visit us in Edmonton anytime. We live 5 minutes from the world famous West Edmonton Mall.
Post a Comment