Bryan and the Great Salt Lake behind him. I think he got five bug bites in the ten seconds we were outside taking this picture :)
Jun 26, 2010
Catch up #3--Day Trip to Antelope Island
Bry and I made a goal this year to start doing "day trips" to local Utah sites. My family did this when we first moved to Georgia and we loved getting to know the area, history, sites, etc. So, we decided to do the same thing. Our first day trip was, well, spur of the moment. We went up to see our lot in Farmington, UT and decided that we'd go to Antelope Island and see the Great Salt Lake. I learned two things about the Great Salt Lake that day: 1. It is GREAT and expansive and 2. It is SUPER BUGG-Y. Whenever we stepped outside of the car we were bombarded with gnats and mosquitoes. I can't handle bugs too well so we pretty much stayed in the truck the whole time and did a sight-seeing tour inside :).
Bryan and the Great Salt Lake behind him. I think he got five bug bites in the ten seconds we were outside taking this picture :)
There's a lot of random wild life on this one little island. This is a prong-horned antelope that we spotted just off the road.
There was a high point that seemed safe to take a hike so we covered Cami with her jacket, socks, and hat. We made it about five minutes out before we turned around :).
Bryan and the Great Salt Lake behind him. I think he got five bug bites in the ten seconds we were outside taking this picture :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment